7.10.13

Discretion

Discretion


He knows to be discreet.
It is his main stock in trade, and probably why he has not yet been killed.
I am not considered a risk, considering my own stake in secrecy.
Peter brags he is finding a good share of our clients by offering
a pest removal (no questions asked) service.
His finds are not only men who will not be missed,
but men whose absence is desired enough to pay well.
I am concerned that our home may become associated with foul play.
He assures me.
He knows to be discreet.
No one will be privy to our location who will be in any position to tell.
Considering how I have lived, how I continue to live,
I have no room to make moral judgments.
The law of life is that we become predator or prey to other life.
Hunger is what forces us to reach out into the world.
Peter hungers for money, for the security he believes it represents,
and for the thrill of the hunt.
I feel no thrill in hunting, in killing.
My hunger is for the basic energy that I require
to hunt, to kill,  feed, to feel the blood reinvigorate.
It is simple, this life, thought not easy.
If life were meant to be easy, we would not need.

No comments:

Post a Comment