7.10.13

Lore

Lore


Before he grew bored with me, abandoned me to the street, my sire often enjoyed
imparting useful lore.  He warned me, in grave detail, of sunlight, wooden stakes,
decapitation and fire.  He bragged, repeatedly and with dramatic demonstration,
of the wonders of strength, teleportation, imperviousness to weather, immortality.
He took me around, taught me to kill so delicately, surreptitiously,
cleaning up my crime meticulously – always considerate of a society that
did not want or need to know that other worlds than what they agree to
go on with theirs, on these common streets and wilderness.
I have no reason to doubt my education.  I continue it, learning
from experience in how to get on.
In a world where so many brazenly demand attention,
I am aware to refrain from encouraging observation.
I have nothing not to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment