7.10.13

Geoff

Geoff


In verbose opulence this old Peter new Geoff persona
displays his plan.  He has been busy in these months
of recent freedom.  He had money stashed and increased it
with fast scams.  Now he has a house, appointed as he
considers tasteful.  He assures that it is out of casual
sight, secluded behind an alley.  He wants no cause for
observation, speculation about his business.  His intention
is to extort large sums, sumptuous wealth, catering to
proclivities.  He has plans for me within his scheme.
“I thought my old pal Ellie wouldn’t mind hooking in your
kind of clientele, taking care of those best taken out,
freeing up their loot to the cause while you bleed them.
We could be a happy family.  A prosperous family business,
fleecing the marks.  And your little chickie, she can work
the ones who pay and pay.  Repeat customers and more
they bring in as word of mouth trade, then continuing
payment agreements to keep those nasty pics of their
illegal acts with the woefully under aged from embarrassing
distribution.  Our little crew to separate wealth from those
undeserving perverts.  Yeah, your little girl is a looker.  She’ll
bring ‘em in.  And we’ll clean you up, get you all pretty too.
But you didn’t know I knew about her.  Funny story.  No, you’ll
love this with your superstitions about irony.  I’m looking up
this guy I know a couple of states over who can hook me up
with my new id.  So I’m always nosing around for opportunities,
inspirations.  We’re talking this and that, and he somewhere mentions
this rich guy who had been checking out men of the alternate document
trade.  He’s trying to track his witch of a wife who ran off with his
kid.  Now this taking off was a couple, three years ago.  But this guy
is still beating the bushes now and again, offering big bucks for
information leading to the return.  So, if our little venture doesn’t
pan out, no loss.  I can always sell her back to her old man.
Anyway, I hadn’t been back on the streets long, so a little sleuthing
project seemed like a good way to get my skills in order.
I won’t bore you with the details when the result is obvious.
And, ha-ha, funny this joke’s on you, because here I am sort
of a side-effect, a lucky bonus, happening on our reacquaintance.
Tracking little Miss Alice Adams now Autumn Brown, both pretty
stupid names if you ask me, imagine my joyful surprise to see
her with my old partner all cozy in daily routine.  I figured I had you
two ready to pluck up at my leisure, and went off to take care of
the details for our future enterprise.  Imagine my disappointment
when you gave me the slip.  But no problem.  I just followed the
chickie to your new digs.  And hey, here I am.  And there she is.
Picked her up on her way over here yesterday to show her our new
home.  I left her tied up into submission or at least inactivity.  She
won’t be stepping out while we have our chat.  And neither will you.
Me, I can do as I please.  I could have her out of town, on our way to
daddy, before you could get out to save her.  Don’t you love these
long summer days?
Shit, the bottle’s empty.  Well I guess I’ll just lay out here on these
pillows, take a load off, enjoy a little down time while you catch me
up on all your adventures since I’ve been gone.”
My concern is with Autumn, to mitigate her harm, free her from his
bonding.  My anxiety is helpless, bound here until the light goes
from the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment